- I sort of managed ‘me time’. It generally happened in the wee small hours of the morning. Usually whilst staring at the bedroom ceiling thinking about everything and anything.
- The development of online learning resources (in response to FELTAG) have been done. However some things definitely need changing. I have quite a few students who struggle with independent learning. Possibly because they struggled to stay in school and spent most of it in PRU’s? Not sure, but I’ll save that for another blog.
- I’ve had a great time at various #UKFEchat events. Most memorable are the TES FE Awards, Ofsted and the first #UKFEchat conference.
- My daughter is at the secondary school she and I hoped for and loving it.
- I continue to engage with twitter and have attended several educational events.
- Progress ‘me time’ to being actually during the day and not sat staring at walls thinking about work etc…
- Look at changing the content of the online learning resources. This will involve a discussion with the students concerned.
- Continue to attend the #UKFEchat events and contribute to the weekly discussion forums.
- Keep my daughter on track with her school work (she has a lazy streak).
- As last year, I will continue to engage with twitter and I am already booked in for Primary Rocks in March and Northern Rocks in June.
Thanks to @ChocoTzar for starting the Nurture posts back in 2013.
Thanks to Sarah Simons (@MrsSarahSimons) for all the great stuff she does for FE with #UKFEchat. Also for being a great friend.
Thanks to my good friend @cherrylkd for being my conference buddy, beer buddy, natter buddy, cheer up buddy…The list is endless!
Thanks to @sezl for letting me be part of her 50 before 50 challenge. Also thanks for making me laugh a lot at your wonderful humour on and off twitter.
There are many more I could thank for keeping me sane throughout the year, but I’ll shut up now. You all know who you are.